Search

The Storage and Rotation Process

I have about 15 5-gallon buckets labeled "Six Grain Mix" and numbered 1 through 15. I buy a whole lot of grain at once and put the six grain mix into the buckets and use them sequentially. When #1 is empty, I set it aside and use #2. I know I have 13 buckets left.
This way I always know how much I have and when I need to restock.

I also keep a working bucket right in the kitchen with a Gamma Seal Lid on it. These lids easily twist off instead of needing a mallet and wrench every time you need something in a bucket. When I need to open up another bucket, I get out the wrench peel the impossible lid off and pour all the grain from bucket #2 into my working bucket. This way I can easily scoop the grain out daily. This sounds complicated but it is actually very easy because one bucket lasts quite a long time.



Here is an addition to the Tools. Gamma Seal Lids make getting food out of buckets practical. Who wants to deal with those lids that you need a mallet and wrench to open and close on a daily or even weekly basis? In addition to grain, I use a bucket and gamma lid for big bulky dry goods: white flour, white sugar, brown sugar, popcorn, etc. I'd like to do pasta, too, but haven't tried that yet. It probably needs a smaller 4 lb. bucket to avoid crushing. The Gamma Seal Lids fits 4.25, 5, and 6 gallon buckets.

0 comments: